This yummy, rich potato and cheese soup is complete with freeze dried potatoes and the right amount of spices. This soup makes an outstanding pot of comfort! Just add cream and cook up 30 minutes and you will have wonderful meal for a cold night.
Makes 2 Quarts: 6-8 servings
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Contains: potatoes, freeze-dried cheddar cheese, onions, garlic, parsley, chives, herbs and spices
Allergen Info: gluten-free ingredients. This product is produced on equipment that also handles peanuts, soy, tree nuts, eggs, and wheat.
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup half & half (or milk)
- 1 large potato, diced (or 1 cup Ore-Ida southern-style hash browns)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Bring chicken broth & water to a boil. Add soup package, potatoes, and bring back to a boil for 5 minutes while stirring continuously (until cheese melts).
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add half and half. Serve with a garnish of crumbled bacon.